Personal Statement Masterclass
(Classroom Based Course)
Perfect Your Personal Statement.
The final stages of preparing your application can be a challenging and stressful time, especially finalising and submitting your personal statement. Trying to convince the medical school admissions teams of your desire to study medicine can be tricky. Our mentors are here to help!
Our Mentors are qualified NHS Doctors or medical students who have been through the process and are ready to help you perfect your personal statement.
We keep the group sizes small for this course to ensure every student receives personalised 1-1 support, advice and guidance.
Personal Statement Review
We ask students to bring a draft personal statement with them so we can go through it line-by-line to help make improvements.
Small Group Sizes
We keep the group size to 15 or less to ensure each student has time to go through every line of their personal statement with our mentors.
Reflection Is Key
Our Mentors will teach you how to reflect on your work experience, volunteering and extra-curricular activities.
Our courses are delivered in major cities nationally. Find the course location that works for you.
This course is an intensive one-day course that covers the following:
– Welcome and introduction session with our Mentors
– Brief overview of the personal statement structure
– Brief overview of key qualities of a medical student and doctor
– Advanced reflection frameworks
– 1-1 time with the Mentors to work on your personal statement
– Q&A time
Please note: Students are expected to have a first draft (or close to) ready for this course. Most of the time will be spent 1-1 with our Mentors working directly on reviewing and improving your personal statement. If you are looking for an introductory personal statement course please see our online crash course.
Our Mentors are qualified NHS Doctors or experienced medical students who have been through the process and now want to help you gain a place at medical school.
Our Mentors are rigorously selected for their experience with entrance exams, personal statements, work experience and interview training to ensure they can help maximise your medical school application.
Course Learning Outcomes
We have four simple and effective learning outcomes for our Personal Statement Masterclass:
– Every student will have implemented advanced reflection within their personal statement
– Every student will have a robust answer to “why medicine” within their personal statement
– Every student will have received personal 1-1 advice and guidance from our Mentors
– Every student will feel confident in their personal statement, ready for submission on 15th October
Course Fees & Dates
Please see below our upcoming course dates and locations. All our courses will run from 10am-4pm. Spaces will be limited to ensure social distancing within our classrooms.
Saturday 29th August 2020
Saturday 26th September 2020
Saturday 12th September 2020
Saturday 19th September 2020
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –