inspire a medic!
Course Length (Hours)
Students Joined So Far
Student Satisfaction Survey
COURSE OVERVIEW (Ages 13+)
Our Inspire a Medic! course is specially designed to provide insight into the different career options available within healthcare. Do you have a group of budding students interested in a range of different careers in medicine? With an exciting and insightful mixture of practical hands-on clinical skills – along with career pathway advice and guidance – our Inspire a Medic! course is the perfect taster session for students wanting to learn about potential career routes available to them.
We bring Doctors and Healthcare Professionals into the classroom to provide expert advice on applying to university and medical careers. Students also take part in practical clinical skills sessions that bring the career pathways to life. Skills students will have the chance to learn include: how to take blood pressures, administer injections, take blood, drill bones to deliver fluids (IOs), and deliver vital fluids (IV fluids). An amazing insight before progressing into a more in-depth medical work experience.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for students aged 13+ who are interested in the following careers:
- Any other Healthcare Professional in a hospital setting.
WHY BOOK THIS COURSE?
Students aged 13-16 are at a crucial stage of their education, having to make decisions about their futures; often without any experience of the options available to them. Developing an awareness of different career pathways – and making them attainable for all students – is a vital part of students’ career pathway selection. This course delivers career insight into a wide range of healthcare careers and provides firsthand experiences that bring them to life. Students leave the course more focused and motivated, with the ability to make informed decisions about their future career pathways. Here are just some of the benefits:
1. Students will gain hands-on experiences of various roles within healthcare careers
2. Students will develop their communication and teamwork skills
3. Students will be more career focused and motivated in their future studies
1. Early exposure to a wide range of different career pathways
2. Inspirational Doctors and healthcare professionals
3. Raising student aspirations from an early age, setting them on a pathway for success
1. Qualified professionals delivering courses in your school
2. Large discounts for group bookings
3. All equipment provided by us
This course typically takes 3.5 to 4 hours in total and can be delivered in a large classroom or hall.
- Scrubbing Up – full personal protective equipment (PPE) and medical scrubs provided
- Infection Control – UV spotlight challenge
- Career pathways in healthcare talk
- Rapid fluid infusion (IO) – Bone drilling
- IV fluid infusions
- Different types of injections
- Learn about the importance of blood pressure and how to measure it
- Learn how to take blood from professional manikin arms
- Debrief with Q&A session
BOOKING THIS COURSE
Course Fees: From £19 per student. Based on 60 students.
To book the Inspire a Medic! course at your school, please complete the form below. All courses are priced on a school-by-school basis, as the price is determined by the number of students and location. A member of our Operations Team will then provide a course quote for you.