Medic insight day
1 Day Course – £175
Students are required to book their own transport to and from our one day courses.
Students are also required to purchase their own lunch.
Student Placement Co-ordinator
Proud award winners of
The Medic Insight day is a one-day course designed to give ambitious pre-medical students (that’s you) a taste of life as a Doctor. Our new and improved course teaches students about what it is like to be a Doctor within an NHS hospital in a clear, insightful way. From taking a patient history, to suturing an injury, students will adopt the role of a Doctor as they engage and communicate with live-simulated patients. All of our Medic Insight Days are completed in training centres within our partner NHS hospitals and will be taught by our experienced, world-class Doctors.
wHO’S THIS COURSE FOR?
This is for any students considering applying to medical school.
- To gain a genuine understanding into the role of a Doctor
- To develop teamwork, leadership and communication skills
- To develop basic clinical skills taught to students at Medical School
- To gain a deeper understanding into the process of becoming a Doctor
- Gain experiences that can be used to boost your university applications
- 17th July 2019 – FULLY BOOKED
- 31st July 2019 – 3 PLACES AVAILABLE
- 23rd October 2019
- 19th February 2020
- 8th April 2020
- 15th July 2020
- 29th July 2020
- Welcome and introduction session with our NHS Doctors
- Insight into roles within a hospital and how this affects the patient experience
- Learning how to communicate effectively with patients
- Discovering key points of reading an x-ray
- 2 x clinical skills sessions
- Teaching on the career path of a Doctor
- Insight into being a medical student and junior Doctor
- Live-simulation practice with simulated patients who have medical conditions, followed by Doctor feedback
- 1:1 time with an NHS Doctor
- A 30 minute Q&A session with the NHS Doctor
- Learning about a range of medical conditions
Students are required to organise their own transport to and from the hospital, which is always based within central London. Students are required to meet staff at 9:45am ready for a prompt start at 10am.
There is no accommodation provided with this course.
Food & Drink
Students will be taken to the hospital canteen at lunchtime and given a time to meet staff following their lunch break. Students are required to bring a small amount of money for lunch – between £7 and £10 will be sufficient.
How old do students need to be to join this course?
Individual students need to be aged 14+ to join this course. For school groups, please contact a member of our team to discuss further details, including how many teachers will be accompanying the students or if a course is required for students below the age of 14.
I'm not from the UK, can I still join this course?
Yes! We have students from over 35 countries join our courses each year, so you will meet students from all over the world who share the same passion as you.
I can't find a date that matches my school holidays dates?
If the dates listed here don’t fit your school, please contact us at: email@example.com and we will look into your schools dates and tailor a bespoke course and date just for you.
Do students gain a certificate?
Yes, all students gain a Medical Projects certificate that can be used for your Medical School admissions process.