clinical Skills live!
Course Length (Hours)
Students Joined So Far
Student Satisfaction Survey
COURSE OVERVIEW (Age 13+)
Our Clinical Skills Live! course is a jam-packed experiential course delivered in your school. Students will learn an impressive range of hands-on clinical skills that will help bring careers in healthcare to life. Each student will get the opportunity to learn how to take blood pressures, administer injections, take blood, drill bones to rapidly deliver fluids (IOs), deliver intravenous fluids, find all the body’s pulses and how to maintain patients’ airways.
This course can be delivered as a half-day or full-day to meet each schools requirements. Students will leave this course engaged and empowered to pursue their aspirations and careers in healthcare.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for students aged 13-16 who are interested in the following careers:
- Any other Healthcare Professional in a hospital setting.
WHY BOOK THIS COURSE?
Developing an awareness of different career pathways and making them attainable for all students is a vital part of students career pathway selection. This course delivers career insight into a wide range of healthcare careers and provides hands-on experiences that bring them to life. Students leave this course more focused and motivated with the ability to make well informed decisions about their future career pathways. Here are just some of the benefits:
1. Students will gain hands-on experiences of various jobs/roles within healthcare careers
2. Students will develop their communication and teamwork skills
3. Students will be more career focused and motivated in their future studies
1. Early exposure to a wide range of different career pathways
2. Inspirational Doctors and healthcare professionals
3. Raising student aspirations from an early age, setting them on a pathway for success
1. Qualified professionals delivering courses in your school
2. Large discounts for group bookings
3. All equipment provided by us
This course typically takes around 4 hours, however this can be extended to run over a full day if there are more than 60 students. We will need a large room or hall to deliver this course.
- Scrubbing Up – full personal protective equipment (PPE) and medical scrubs provided
- Infection Control – UV spotlight challenge
- Career pathways in healthcare talk
- Rapid fluid infusion (IO) – Bone drilling
- IV fluid infusions
- Different types of injections
- Learn how to take blood pressures and what blood pressure is
- Learn how to take blood from professional manikin arms
- Debrief with Q&A session
Course Fees: From £19 per student. Based on 60 students.
To book the Clinical Skills Live! course at your school, please complete the form below. All courses are priced on a school-by-school basis, as the price is determined by the number of students and location. A member of our Operations Team will then provide a course quote for you.